Business Information Manager (Cargill - Minnesota/Vilvoorde)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 30/05/2022
Location : Wayzata, Minnesota | Minneapolis, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Cargill InfoCenter is seeking a collaborative and engaging Business Information Manager to join a global, diverse, and dynamic team of information professionals. The candidate will partner with internal stakeholders to deeply understand their business needs, and then identify the best resources to answer their business questions. In this role, you will consult on the integration and use of artificial intelligence and other data-driven search and content analysis tools to drive better insights. You will provide leadership and support for access to InfoCenter resources for global employees through an internal SharePoint portal and online catalog. In addition, you will perform complex business information research as needed on prioritized projects. This position supports Cargill’s businesses globally, with a focus on business and market information research & analysis. In this role, you will coordinate with all InfoCenter locations on training of business and market information resources. In addition, you will support outreach efforts of the InfoCenter. This position allows for flexible work arrangements, including part-time remote work.
- Partner with businesses to identify the best resources for projects. Gain deep intimacy with internal Cargill clients to understand focus area of research requests. Utilize broad knowledge of business trends/issues to proactively provide alerts/updates on resources and findings.
- Integration of InfoCenter content within InfoCenter website and imbedded in other tools used by our business partners. Investigate other library/information management software options. In depth understanding of library and content tools including the organization and management of collections.
- Integration and use of artificial intelligence, machine learning, bots, and other search tools to augment analysis and content management.
- Conduct complex business information research – analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting results – under minimal supervision, requiring deep understanding of complex business issues using traditional & non-traditional data sources which typically do not exist through direct research and requires indirect retrieval from multiple sources with thorough interpretation & analysis.
- Determine training tools that need to be created. Provide specialized counsel and training to business partners for using relevant online information resources, developing research strategies, and evaluating & interpreting information.
- Oversee subject headings and taxonomy for our InfoCenter Catalog and website.
- Provide input to website design, page creation, navigation – translating requirements into website pages.
- Keep up with information industry trends and are given the opportunity to attend training sessions and pursue continuous professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in library science, information science or related fields (or at least 5 years equivalent work experience)
- Three years or more of progressively responsible professional-level information experience
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated application of information management principles and practices, including ability to evaluate, analyze and summarize information
- Familiarity with Information Technology management and systems, tools and processes enabling effective collaboration with IT
- Global project management experience
- Deep knowledge of business information resources relevant for Cargill’s industries. (e.g., Euromonitor, Innova, Nielsen, Factiva, EMIS)
- Demonstrated ability to understand business drivers and anticipate information needs to leverage or create solutions that deliver broader corporate or cross-business value
- Deep knowledge of relevant industries and their resources, information management technologies and systems
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.