Junior Audiovisual Archivist/Documentalist (Westpole - Brussels)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 16/06/2023
We’re looking for a Junior Audiovisual Archivist/Documentalist, who will join our great team, on the long-term, full-time mission in Brussels.
We prefer interns or someone who has their first job, or even a graduate student.
Work is on-site based.
Belgium – International Organizations
Documentary analysis of current and historical audiovisual productions in the MAMS including:
- writing of summaries and photo captions in English and French;
- drafting, import and validation of detailed shotlists in English and French;
- creation and indexation of semantic metadata (thesaurus, event places, authority list of personalities) in English and French;
- on-line publication of the media;
- assistance with the development of the tools and procedures for analysis and documentation;
- in depth documentary research for media professionals, general public and in-house clients
Bachelor degree in Library and Information Science or in a relevant field for the job
Good knowledge and experience with:
- Microsoft Office package more specifically Excel,
- Good capacity in using (web)search engines
- Good capacity of analysis and information search
- Can work mainly independently and respect deadlines
- Good command of English,
- Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus
- Interest in the Audiovisual sector is a plus
- Good understanding of the European Institutions is a plus
As a documentalist for the audio-visual division u must show skills in :
- Principal Subjects
- Introduction to Document Control
- The Basics of Document Control
- Document Identification
- Document Classifying & Filing
- Document Distribution
- Managing Documents Throughout Their Lifecycle
- As-Built and Final Documentation
- Document Control Procedures and Specifications
- Electronic Document Management Systems
- Interactions with project teams, engineering teams, managers
- You can work as an Employee or as a Freelancer consultant. It’s 100% up to you!
- Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record.
- A strong learning and development program.
- A challenging environment, where collaborative working, and continuous self-improvement is the key to success.
- A good work-life balance.
- A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurance, etc.) and an open-ended contract.