Librarian Specialist (University of Luxembourg)
Vacature online sinds 14/09/2022
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
In September 2018, the Luxembourg Learning Centre (LLC) open its doors to the public as main library of the UL. The LLC supports the mission of the UL “to achieve the highest standards of international excellence in research and teaching, while also fully meeting its distinctive responsibilities as the country’s sole public institution of higher education” by the provision of documentary collections and services. The LLC is recruiting a librarian specialist to manage the acquisitions of print and electronic resources (books, journals, databases, etc.) for its library and act as procurement delegate for the whole of the academic community to accomplish the mission of the UL for research, teaching and learning.
Attached to the Resource & Technical Services Team (Resource Management), this person will be in charge to:
- Participate in the organization of acquisitions of the documentary resources for the Library and the University of Luxembourg and to propose tools and process improvements.
- Be a procurement delegate for all kind of print and electronic resources (books, journals and other documentary resources) owned or shared by the University of Luxembourg.
- Take in charge the provision, administration, support and access to all print and electronic collections.
- Review licensing and conduct negotiations of terms for electronic and print resources.
- Communicate and produce documents to inform internal and external stakeholders about current, new and future improvements.
- Centralise the relationships among documentary resources specialists, booksellers, subscription agents, aggregators and publishers.
- Produce and compile reports and statistics on acquisitions, such as total purchases, average price, and budget monitoring.
- Overview resource licenses and explores emerging areas of acquisition and access, including demand-driven, evidence-based, and subscription or perpetual models
- Ensure permanent access to our subscribed and perpetual electronic content and preservation of print material.
- Engage with faculty, students, and staff in order to develop strong relationships to develop the documentary resources at the UL.
- Work closely with other colleagues in the LLC Team to provide library resources and services to all users.
What we expect from you…
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information/Documentation Science or equivalent by work experience.
- Several years of experience in an academic library, an experience of at least 1 year in a similar position would be an advantage.
- Experience with an integrated library system, knowledge of Alma and/or Aleph being an advantage.
- Experience with a software for business operations, knowledge of SAP environment being an advantage.
- Experience in managing tenders and drafting technical specifications for procurement procedures.
- Good knowledge of IT tools and information technology.
- Flexible, multi-tasking and able to prioritize.
- Able to work autonomously, rigorously and methodically.
- Team spirit, dynamism and sense of initiative.
- Fluent in English and French (spoken & written). German and/or Luxembourgish language skills will be an asset.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Librarian specialist
- Job Reference: UOL05085
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …