Librarian specialist (University of Luxembourg)
Vacature online sinds 31/08/2022
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres ;focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for its Library, the Luxembourg Learning Centre, a Librarian specialist. We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Promoting the institutional repository ORBi!u and contribute to its development
- To explain and promote Open Access concepts to researchers and research support staff and inform about policy mandates and their compliance (e.g. FNR, Horizon Europe)
- To participate in the institutional repository (ORBi!u) helpdesk, answering questions from users and providing training sessions on how to use the tool
- To participate in the launch of a major upgrade of ORBi!u, coordinating the communication campaign and ensure the transition to the new version goes as smoothly as possible for the users
Supporting researchers in Research Data Management
- To provide up-to-date expertise of best practices in Research Data Management and provide help to researchers and organise train-the-trainer sessions for research support staff
- To review and comment on Data Management Plans using the DMPonline platform
Promoting Open Science and Responsible research practices
- To actively engage with faculty, students and staff in order to develop strong working relationships and to seek opportunities for collaboration
- To speak knowledgably about responsible research issues and initiatives as well as Open Science and scholarly communication topics (e.g. pre-registration, open peer-reviewing, EOSC)
- To continuously monitor and keep up-to-date with emerging patterns and hot topics in scholarly communication
Participating in the library activities
- To participate in the activities of the User Services Department
- To conduct training sessions related to scientific publication for student, doctoral students and researchers
What we expect from you…
- Master degree in Information/Documentation Science or equivalent degree preferably with an experience in a library
- Excellent knowledge of the scientific publishing world and on trends in Open Access policies
- Excellent knowledge of RDM and DMPs
- Knowledge of the research environment in Luxembourg is an asset
- Experience as a trainer, preferably in the field of scholarly communication
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, good organisational skills and attention to details
- Team spirit, curiosity, dynamism and sense of initiative
- Fluent in English, good level in French and/or German (spoken & written), Luxembourgish would be an asset
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05175
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …