Knowledge & Information Assistant (DLA Piper - Luxembourg)
Vacature online sinds 31/05/2021
We are a truly global organisation with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, and a superb pedigree in the Legal sector. We proud ourselves on our award winning highly innovative approach, which has won us clients ranging from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, across all sectors.
The Knowledge department is responsible for the processing and circulation/ management of legal information and for the firm’s knowledge management and legal professional development.
We need someone who is passionate about assisting the lawyers to give great service to clients, helping to achieve our goal, to be the leading global business Law firm.
You will be a highly professional and organised individual, energetic, enthusiastic and with great people skills. As a dedicated team player, you will flourish within our fast moving environment, enjoying an excellent remuneration package and great opportunities to advance your career within our global Firm. We are an entrepreneurial team that enjoy the work we do within an international setting.
Will you add your skills to our Luxembourg team?
Your mission will be to assist the Head of Knowledge Management in the management of information and the various Knowledge management tools, to organise legal training sessions and to participate to various innovative Knowledge management projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the dissemination of legal information and news (current awareness, newsletters, etc.)
- Contribute to the information management of the knowledge management tools (updating collection, updating databases, updating intranet, etc.)
- Participate in the administrative management of the legal library (follow-up and reception of orders, cataloguing, etc.)
- Assist lawyers in their research and training them in the resources available to them
- Participate to organisation of internal trainings
- Participate in new projects related to knowledge management, and in the continuous improvement of the department’s services
- Bachelor or Master in Information and/or Knowledge Management, Law, or equivalent
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to communicate fluently in French with a high level of written and spoken business English. German is an asset
- Able to demonstrate initiative and energetic but committed approach to the work
- Able to work as part of a team
- Problem solving ability
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold – we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional – we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.