Traineeship in Data Services - Data Hub Information & Data Governance (Eurocontrol - Brussels)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 07/06/2022
À propos de l’offre d’emploi
- Type of traineeship: Traineeship in Data Services – Data Hub Information & Data Governance
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: NMD/TEC/DAD – Development & Delivery Unit
- Publication date: 01/06/2022
- Closing date: 30/06/2022
Within the Network Management Directorate , the Data Governance Team collects information on data assets within the agency. This cataloguing exercise allows analysts to find the information they need; allows business owners to understand data lineage or developers to look for impact analysis when adapting code. Also, it permits to proactively identify Data Quality issues. By explaining the meaning of the data used within reports, users get to know the data better and understand the business rules behind. This way the conditions where the data can (or cannot) be used effectively becomes clear. We also strive towards a common glossary (common understanding) among business areas as well as managing Reference Data sets from a central location.
You will experience:
- Analysing business needs, create business processes to help managing assets;
- Training different business areas to give meaning to the data assets they have created;
- Working with experienced colleagues that will prepare you to become an expert on Data Governance.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
To immerse the trainee fully into the Data Services team within the Data Governance programme, to enable its roll out and adoption across the business areas. In doing so, to provide the trainee with valid key experience and competence in this key discipline.
To expose the trainee with direct interaction with agency wide Business product owners and aviation domain experts to analyse the relevant data related aspects and on-board these areas within the Data Goverance Programme.
Your role will be to complete tasks such as the following:
- Understand and Master the core concepts of Data Governance, working with the team lead on the central Data Governance Framework tool Collibra;
- Using existing processes and workflows populate the framework with selected Business area Data Asset related data;
- Design and implement new workflows;
- Perform business analysis within selected Business areas to capture , understand and document end-to-end Data to product process.
From 9 to 12 months. Scheduled start date: 1 September 2022
- Completed university studies of 3 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Data and Information Management);
- Strong communication skills;
- Good sense of analysis;
- Eager to learn;
- Ability to work autonomously when required and also to work within a team;
- Good drafting skills in English (e.g. writing user guides, processes and analysis);
- Excellent MS-Word & MS-PowerPoint skills and basic MS-Excel skills;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, organised, proactive , ability to learn and adapt, readiness to change, customer focus;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, thorough knowledge of English is required, minimum C1 spoken & written.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations .
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.