Librarian (University of Luxembourg)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 12/08/2021
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
- As part of the library team, you will be working in the User Services department, which manages the lending service, registration, orientation and information for users, as well as user training;
- You will participate in the opening of the Luxembourg Learning Centre to the public on weekdays and Saturdays;
- You will take an active part in user information activities in person and remotely via the Ask a Librarian and Book a Librarian services;
- You will contribute to projects to develop the library’s services for users.
What we expect from you…
- Degree in library science and documentation (min. 3 years of higher education) or equivalent degree with proven experience in a library;
- Autonomous, rigorous and methodical;
- You are dynamic, you like to take initiatives, you know how to adapt and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the profession
- Strong customer service and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of French and English. German and/or Luxembourgish are an asset;
- Experience in a university library or/and in the use of ALEPH is also an asset.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 12 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Librarian
- Job Reference: UOL04363
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …