Librarian specialist (Université du Luxembourg - Luxembourg)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 23/03/2023
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Within the User and Outreach Services department, you will actively contribute to the development of reference services for Bachelor’s and Master’s students and doctoral candidates, you will participate in the reception and information of the LLC’s users and you will be responsible for the management and reporting of statistics and indicators.
Reference librarian (50%)
- Provide expert assistance in accessing library resources and services.
- Provide expert assistance and training in finding and evaluating information.
- Provide consultations for subject or specialized areas of expertise (answer reference questions and conduct reference interviews as necessary).
- Design and update guides (online/electronic and print) to improve access and use of information including, but not limited to, the navigation of databases, style and format guides, subject and course-specific guides, copyright, and plagiarism.
User services (25%)
- Participate in the opening of the Luxembourg Learning Centre to the public, during the week and 5 Saturdays per year, by taking part in the public services.
- Provide reception, registration, advice and information to the public.
- Actively take part in user information activities in person and remotely via the Ask a Librarian and Book a Librarian services.
Statistics and indicators (25%)
- Manages data collection for annual reporting and survey responses including: gathering; reviewing, validating and evaluating; and synthesizing data.
- Analyzes and reports quantitative and qualitative data gathered from various sources including library systems, vendor statistics, observations, surveys, web analytics, interviews, and focus groups and facilitates the use of this data to support strategic planning, and other library initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the systems necessary to collect, store, process, and disseminate data for internal decision-making and external reporting.
What we expect from you…
- Master degree in Librarianship / Information Science or equivalent degree preferably with an experience in a library.
- Previous experience from an academic setting, and good understanding of the academic research library’s role in areas including research, teaching, and learning, information literacy, and the ability to use this understanding to serve patrons in an academic library setting.
- Experience in supporting students in learning and an aptitude for teaching.
- Knowledge of processes and software tools for analyzing, drawing insight from, reporting, and/or visualizing data.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Knowledge of current theories, trends, standards, and practices of assessment in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- You are dynamic, you like to take initiatives, you know how to adapt and train yourself to the changes in the profession.
- You have a perfect command of two of the following languages: French, English or German. Knowledge of Luxembourgish is an asset.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Librarian specialist
- Job Reference: UOL05552
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …