Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 29/07/2019
The SCK•CEN Academy contributes to the preservation and expansion of knowledge in nuclear themes. One of the working areas of SCK•CEN Academy is the Library and the Archive. The library contains, among other things, about 50,000 works (including e-books) and about 800 scientific journals.
The most important task of the Library is to support research and education, conducted by staff and students, by means of offering integrated services. The library is also responsible for monitoring the scientific achievements of SCK•CEN.
The SCK•CEN Academy is looking for an energetic librarian who can offer the necessary support for the activities and projects of the library.
- Gain insight into the various research activities of SCK•CEN and get to know the parties involved, and use this knowledge for the management of the collection and for the maintenance/development of the databases and systems in use
- Representing SCK•CEN in library networks and external projects
- Managing the collection of journals: proactively investigating user needs, checking the effectiveness of current subscriptions, organizing and setting up e-journals, managing online journals via interfaces, such as Linkresolver, and following up databases such as Web of Science, Scopus, ScienceDirect, …
- The further digitization of the collection and the library archive
- Providing information about the library and archival activities to SCK-CEN employees and management (via written and oral communication – lessons, presentations)
- Optimization of our « Research Output » database (ROMa), connect to Institutional Repositories
- General library work: ordering information carriers, analyzing and managing the (digital) collection, budget management, managing orders, contacts with suppliers and users, managing memberships, …
- Participate in and initiate internal and external projects of the library and archive (including « cleaning up » the collection, scanning, writing general instructions, etc.)
- Back-up for the responsible and colleagues of the Library and Archive team
To join this frontier, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, supplemented by a library course or equivalent through experience (experience with scientific libraries is an added value)
- Sense of organization and initiative
- Curious, broad interest
- Being able to estimate priorities, being able to work on a project basis
- Independent, communicative, connecting and organization conscious
- Very good knowledge of IT applications (MS Office, SAP, (scientific) databases)
- Good knowledge of Dutch/English (spoken and written); knowledge of French is a plus
- Affinity with working in a research environment is an added value
- Ambitious because of potential growth possibilities