Librarian (Evangelische Theologische Faculteit - Leuven)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 22/06/2020
The Evangelische Theologische Faculteit in Leuven is a unique institution of higher education. We are located in one of the oldest university cities in Europe. ETF is one of the few evangelical and interdenominational institutions offering university level accredited theological education in Europe, with an impact far beyond national borders. We passionately practice theology in a Bible-based, academic and culturally enriching way. The ETF is a flexible, small-scale and ambitious academic institution.
ETF Leuven is looking for a Librarian 18h / week
- Head of our library, manage the library collection
- Report to the Academic Dean and Administrative Director.
- Develop and communicate library policies, strategy, guidelines and procedures
- Develop the physical and digital collection
- Be pro-active in linking and negotiating with providers of religion and philosophy database collections worldwide (journals and eBooks)
- Implement the cataloguing and circulation policy
- Help visitors use search engines
- Create a positive, warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Master in Library Science or Master in Theology with strong librarian skills
- Committed Christian (supportive member of church or congregation)
- Fluent in English, fluent in Dutch is an advantage
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Koha is an advantage
- Have a passion in Theology
- Have a passion for sharing knowledge and resources
- Have a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team in a busy environment
- Ability to motivate and lead volunteer and student library workers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, students and academic staff
What we offer you
We offer you a responsible and varied position in an international environment. The date of entry can be decided by mutual agreement. The salary will be fixed based on experience and seniority according to internal salary scales.
For more information about this position, you may contact Gerson Veldhuizen, administrative director of ETF Leuven.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV to Gerson Veldhuizen before June 30, 2020.