Knowledge Management Expert (Enabel - Bruxelles)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 01/05/2021
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
In 2016, following the Digital for Development (D4D) Strategic Policy Note, the five-year Wehubit program was established as a flagship D4D initiative. The Wehubit program serves to identify and support digital social innovations in the 14 partner countries of Belgian Development Cooperation. The program provides a financial support to scale-up innovative tools and methodologies implemented by public entities and/or civil society organisations. Currently the program is supporting 22 very diverse projects in 12 Enabel partner countries. Find out more about the Wehubit projects through https://www.wehubit.be/projects.
The program is now ready to move forward to a next level in which the focus will lay in increasing collaboration through capitalisation. For this a Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN) is under construction, with the objective of facilitating moments of peer-to-peer exchanges, learning events and the production of shareable knowledge products, such as lessons learned and best practices promoting digital social innovations. Such a network will also help promote and increase the visibility of partner projects and strengthen Enabel’s organisational learning on digital social innovation.
As Knowledge Management Expert you will be working in the Wehubit team and you will be directly reporting to the Manager of Wehubit.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You update and implement the programme’s Knowledge Management Strategy in order to support learning among and for Wehubit’s 40+ partner organisations to enhance the sustainability of their projects (i.e. digital social innovations) and to strengthen institutional learning within Enabel and the digital social in-novation ecosystems, both in partner countries and in Belgium, especially in terms of trajectories of innovation, impact, risk and sustainability;
- You deliver or facilitate the production of (i.e. through external expertise) shareable knowledge products defined in the knowledge management strategy (e.g. guidelines, toolkits, lessons learned, best practices, etc.);
- You advise on the basis of your technical expertise in learning and capitalisation, in order to achieve performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards;
- You organise knowledge building and knowledge management in order to create an inclusive, informed climate of trust within the project;
- You facilitate and operationalise the Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN);
- You facilitate and organise peer-to-peer exchanges and (virtual) learning events.
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in implementing knowledge management or capitalisation/learning strategies within a project, a programme or an organisation;
- At least one experience in drafting a knowledge management strategy which has been implemented with success;
- Experience in leading group work, team building activities, workshops and webinars, in particular for public bodies and/or NGOs;
- An international experience (i.e. in the international development sector and outside your country of origin) is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
- Good knowledge of aspects of international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…);
- Comfortable with leading groups dynamics and inter-culturalism;
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques used in the animation/facilitation of webinars and distance group work, in particular innovative and digital tools and methods;
- Familiar with design thinking and co-creation approaches;
- Experience with analysing and making sense of unstructured qualitative data;
- Ability to use new technologies used in the area of knowledge management;
- Ability to implement a change process;
- You are fluent in spoken and written French or Dutch. Considering the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of French and English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
- An interesting job in an international environment.
- A contract of 24 months. You are based in Brussels.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), as well as meal vouchers, hospitalisation/healthcare insurance, a group retirement savings plan, 24h/24h ETHIAS-Assistance, 13th month, double holiday allowance and 100% reimbursement of public transportation costs.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 13 May 2021.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.