Information Management Officer (EFTA - Brussels)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 28/04/2022
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) is the secretariat of the EEA Grants and Norway Grants, and is affiliated to the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Brussels.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to take on the post of Information Management Officer in the Administration and HR Unit of the FMO.
The overall objectives of the Grants are to reduce economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area (EEA) and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the 15 Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
The Grants are based on a programme model where the Beneficiary States are responsible for the programmes and for projects implemented under the programmes. Some programmes and funds, notably regarding civil society, regional cooperation and decent work and a small number of energy and innovation programmes, are under the responsibility of the FMO.
The allocation for the current funding period (2014-2021) totals €2.8 billion. The priority sectors in this period are:
• Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness;
• Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction;
• Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy;
• Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms;
• Justice and Home Affairs.
The FMO offers an international, stimulating and diverse workplace, with a current staff of over 60 employees comprising about 20 nationalities. Our values are:
• Cooperation; and
• Trust, responsibility and respect.
For more information please check our website at: www.eeagrants.org.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and nationals of the member states of the European Union.
The Information Management Officer provides information management support to preserve and manage documents and records as well as information created and maintained by the FMO in both electronic and physical format.
The Information Management Officer’s role is vital in creating a sustainable information-based culture at the FMO while working across the organization to provide continuous improvement of the organization’s information environment. The Information Management Officer mainly works on first line practical and technical support, information quality monitoring and administration. The Information Management Officer works closely with IT and other management systems supervisors using custom built information systems, Microsoft applications and grant management legacy systems. They will also provide training on information management processes and oversee improvements on established information, document and records management platforms.
The Information Management Officer reports to the Head of the Administration and HR Unit.
• Providing advice on information management strategies, policies and processes, develop and implement necessary processes for efficient information flows and storage in the organisation.
• Maintaining adherence to the FMO information management strategies, policies and processes to handle information, records and archives.
• Develop, review, update procedures, guidelines, and forms required for strategic planning of work processes and information flows.
• Supervision of registration and processing of all documents and records captured, created, and maintained through the operations of the FMO, both in electronic and physical format.
• Operation assurance, business administration, and further development of electronic document and records management platforms.
• Training of staff in the use of the FMO’s document and records management systems, user support and follow up.
• Other duties, as required.
University degree (at Master’s level) in Information Science (Information Management, Archive and Records Management), Information Technology or a related discipline. Relevant certification is considered an advantage.
• At least 3 to 6 years of relevant work experience in records and information management; providing administration and/or technical support for electronic document/records management systems, including but not limited to, supporting custom built systems, management of end user requests and issue tracking, addressing user questions concerning functional and technical issues;
• Experience in developing and implementing information management policies and strategies;
• Experience in archive management (electronic and physical), permanent preservation and handover of information to external archives;
• Previous experience with developing filing plans, retention and disposition schedules, and taxonomies;
• Previous experience working with standard Microsoft products including SharePoint.
• Previous experience in document and records quality assurance and data migration projects;
• Previous experience in providing training to end users and preparing training material;
• Previous experience with Microsoft Teams and integration of other Office 365 applications;
• Previous experience with design and maintenance of SharePoint sites;
• Experience in project management.
• Ability to plan, organise and implement work assignments, as well as manage competing demands, foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning;
• Knowledge of workflow processes and document control practices in an electronic content management environment;
• Proven communication (verbal and written) skills, including ability to draft reports and/or to communicate complex concepts;
• Strong interpersonal abilities, client oriented, a dynamic and flexible attitude, and cultural sensitivity;
• Strong collaboration skills to achieve organisational goals; ability to solicit input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
• Ability to work independently, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems;
• Ability to observe confidentiality.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (the working language of the FMO) are a requirement. Fluency in any of the Donor State languages would be an advantage.
Annual starting salary: EUR 86,076 for A3 level and EUR 100,026 for level A4
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the grade. The Managing Director of the FMO reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
FMO is an employer dedicated to the principles of diversity and equal opportunities. We select our staff without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, religion, colour, culture, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, pregnancy or family responsibilities.
We offer a very interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and diverse environment and the opportunity to work in a team of highly qualified people. Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States and, as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
For further information on this position please contact: Mr Gudjon Tryggvason, Senior Records Management Officer, Gudjon.TRYGGVASON@efta.int, tel. +32 2 21 11 821.
For information on the recruitment process please contact Ms Vera Medinskaya, Head of Administration and HR Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +32 2 211 18 60.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application: 1 May 2022.
Please note that the interviews will take place in May 2022.
Starting date: 1 October 2022.
*Candidates with relevant work experience of 3-6 years will be placed at level A3, candidates with relevant work experience over 6 years will be placed at level A4.