Data Management Specialist (CEN-CENELEC - Brussels)
Offre d'emploi mise en ligne le 27/06/2020
The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) (www.cen.eu) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) (www.cenelec.eu) are looking for a Data & Information Administrator to join the Digital Solutions team of the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (www.cencenelec.eu).
The organisation is ideally situated in 1040 Brussels and easily accessible by public transport.
You will be trained by a senior project manager and be in charge of:
- Monitor the correct input of data into the CEN and CENELEC system in order to ensure that the related databases reflect all steps of the standards production process for each item
- Launch the necessary standardization phases (enquiry, vote and publication) and compile the balloting results when relevant
- Support the Consultants work by providing them with the necessary information and by responding to operational queries and proactively communicating information where relevant
- Carry out small editing of cover sheets for parallel work liaising with cross-functional internal teams, to provide them an updated overview of the production process
- Bring procedural issues needing improvement to the attention of the Manager.
- Answer efficiently and timely to the customers´ requests and needs
- Ensure the follow-up of data related requests, received from internal or external stakeholders, focussing on accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of data in the relevant information management systems and in respect of relevant business rules, including (not exhaustive):
- ad-hoc data related requests (modifications, corrections, etc.)
- official Technical Body roles
- user access management (including coordination of the CEN HelpDesk at ISO)
- inbound Governing & Technical Body resolutions/decisions
- management of key contacts
- exception management
- Coordinate and monitor the data stemming from the implementation of international cooperation agreements with ISO & IEC, in terms of:
- validating and confirming data received
- consolidating data for initiating new projects
- providing guidance to internal and external stakeholders including management by exception
- controlling coherence of data between CEN-CENELEC and ISO-IEC databases.
- Provide support to organized electronic data exchange from stakeholders
- Ensure a high level of data quality by monitoring systematic data validation processes and suggest improvements to existing or the need for new data quality monitoring tools
- You are an English native level speaker
- You are fresh out of school (Bachelor degree minimum) or you have a few years of working experience
- You are computer literate and you enjoy working with various IT-applications and databases
- You have strong analytical abilities and a critical mind
- Detail and accuracy are your middle name
- You are customer service minded and enjoy working through email
- You are a patient person yet work very efficiently
- You are eager to learn about many rules and regulations to become an expert in your field
- You can work autonomously yet have a good team-spirit.
What our client offers:
- You will be part of a very international team within an organisation that takes care of their employees and offers evolution possibilities
- A permanent contract of 38 hours per week with possibility to transfer overtime to extra holidays
- Besides a nice remuneration package, fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, 100% public transport reimbursement, hospitalization and group insurance, extra-legal holidays, flexi-time, the possibility to work from home.